BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain Power HOUSE - TUNE DAY !! ( May 30th )

+13
Smiff
WALKER
Black Cat
Hobug
Cave Man
Thang
VOLKSWAGENUT
TURBO
massIVe 79 vert
Fifty - Five
Mountain Power House
overspray
Major62
17 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mountain Power HOUSE - TUNE DAY !! ( May 30th )

Post  Hobug Sat 30 May 2009, 8:56 pm

Cave Man wrote:Where did you start and what was the max HP and TQ? #s man
You should have been there if you wanted that information. Twisted Evil I was there, where were you? Question

Hobug

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Mountain Power HOUSE - TUNE DAY !! ( May 30th )

Post  Cave Man Sat 30 May 2009, 9:00 pm

Was Working all day.
Cave Man
Cave Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobug Sat 30 May 2009, 9:05 pm

Cave Man wrote:Was Working all day.
Damn that sux. Razz I figure the car owners want to tell you how they did, so I won't tell, but I will say short people build good engines. cheers

Hobug

Back to top Go down

Post  Thang Sat 30 May 2009, 9:59 pm

Hobug wrote:
Damn that sux. Razz I figure the car owners want to tell you how they did, so I won't tell, but I will say short people build good engines. cheers

Yes they do! Started with 125.94hp - 128.93 torque
133.93hp - 129.05 torque final setup
137.62hp - no belt

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Thang
Thang
I built mine backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  highbacksrule Sat 30 May 2009, 10:54 pm

Hobug wrote:
You should have been there if you wanted that information. Twisted Evil I was there, where were you? Question
Would have loved to been there, but didn't get a invite.

Last edited by highbacksrule on Sat 30 May 2009, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
highbacksrule
highbacksrule

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sat 30 May 2009, 11:05 pm

highbacksrule wrote:
Hobug wrote:
Would have loved to been there, but didn't get a invite. Everytime i posted something about going NUT erased it.

Yes it was a evil sceem of mine. Rolling Eyes And I would have got away with it if it werent for those medaling kids.
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Sat 30 May 2009, 11:11 pm

highbacksrule wrote:
Hobug wrote:
Would have loved to been there, but didn't get a invite. Everytime i posted something about going NUT erased it.

OMG... that's so dripping drivers.... Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 285891

Jake Had a Blast thanks for all the time you spent on the cars.... and DAMN ! what a shop ! That place is awesome.... Hope to get mine torn down and some balance work soon.
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Sat 30 May 2009, 11:15 pm

Thang wrote:
Hobug wrote:

Yes they do! Started with 125.94hp - 128.93 torque
133.93hp - 129.05 torque final setup
137.62hp - no belt

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

And it's the place to go to get your lugnuts checked....... affraid
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  massIVe 79 vert Sat 30 May 2009, 11:21 pm

highbacksrule wrote:
Hobug wrote:

Terry -
You were so invited...by me and Jake personally in Sevierville. Get with Jake and pick a Saturday you can roll up...he LOVES to play on the Dyno all day (gets him out of cutting grass and cleaning house Shocked )
massIVe 79 vert
massIVe 79 vert

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sat 30 May 2009, 11:21 pm

Thanks again Jake for shareing your time, knowledge, and shop with us. was a great day and I am sure some of these other guys that didnt get to go this time might want to set up another date with you and your dyno.
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  highbacksrule Sat 30 May 2009, 11:26 pm

massIVe 79 vert wrote:
highbacksrule wrote:
Hobug wrote:

Terry -
You were so invited...by me and Jake personally in Sevierville. Get with Jake and pick a Saturday you can roll up...he LOVES to play on the Dyno all day (gets him out of cutting grass and cleaning house Shocked )
Would love to come. Knew there was limited space on this one, but i will get to the mountain as soon as i get a new crank. I owe NUT a " i'm Sorry", said he didn't erase the post and i have no reason not to believe him. Sorry Nut
highbacksrule
highbacksrule

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sat 30 May 2009, 11:47 pm

I had a blast!! Changing parts and set ups is what I LOVE to do.. You guys saw me in my element today!!

So this is what we learned:
-Shiny mufflers are good for a 6HP reduction in performance
-Fishing line makes a good kill switch
-Always TORQUE your damn lug nuts! (even if you don't plan on driving the damn car!)
-Transparent distributor caps suck (already knew that)
- Burned up rotors, loose throttle cables, retarded timing and out of synch carbs can easily cost 30HP+
-48mm carbs are too big for a tame 1915 with 40mm venturis
-Turbos rule!!
- All but one car that hit the rollers today had retarded timing (as low as 20 degrees)
-Everyone that hit the rollers had at least 6 HP more when they left than when they arrived..
- Thang gets concerned when a maniac holds his engine at 7K

Turbo wins the prize for the best tuned engine since we didn't have to touch his tune up to make 215WHP at low boost (thats what a 1915 Turbo can do with a proper clutch set up)

Glad you guys like the shop.. sorry it wasn't spic and span, that Boxster race car kicked my ass this week and I didn't have time to sweep and swab the deck last night...

Highbacksrule,
as Beth mentioned you were invited... Fluffy too.. When you guys have 2-3 people lined up I'll do this any other weekend that we aren't racing. I honestly didn't know exactly who was gonna be there and I didn't care... I'll run anything that backs on the rollers!

BTW- I saw the Bear again after ya'll left, thats 4 times today and he damn sure isn't afraid of noise!!! I think that Bear is sick or something... wandering around in broad day light like he owns the damn place!
BTW- Did anyone get pics of all the cars on the dyno today?? I need them for a site I am building.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sun 31 May 2009, 1:18 am

highbacksrule wrote:
massIVe 79 vert wrote:
highbacksrule wrote:
Hobug wrote:

Terry -
Would love to come. Knew there was limited space on this one, but i will get to the mountain as soon as i get a new crank. I owe NUT a " i'm Sorry", said he didn't erase the post and i have no reason not to believe him. Sorry Nut

No big deal man , The site has been acting funny for a few members on here in the past few weeks for some its not been refreashing right and stuff so not sure whats been happening . Cool
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Sun 31 May 2009, 10:04 am

This is how the day went.....
Jake always has a project
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02025
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02022
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02023
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02024
First up was Nut
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02021
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02027
Jet work
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02028
Major was next
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02029
Adjustments, timing, dizzy work and jetting
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02030
Then Thang
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02031
Muddy tires....tsk, tsk, tsk
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02032
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02036
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02038
Kill switch
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02043
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02039
Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 DSC02044
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TURBO Sun 31 May 2009, 10:57 am

Just want to say thanks to Jake had alot of fun and I'm glad I came, good to see everyone and what a shop man one of the nice I've seen.
TURBO
TURBO
MR hub caps

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobug Sun 31 May 2009, 3:23 pm

Steve has a couple of pictures and a short video of Thang with his fingers up his...er a.. in his ears.
http://www.athensvwclub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=751

Hobug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 31 May 2009, 4:53 pm

DAMN!! Based on that blue smoke out Thang's tail pipe on decel I'd say those rings still haven't seated yet... Synthetic oil at break in makes it a bitch to seat the rings, I might need to punish it some more..
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  Thang Sun 31 May 2009, 9:31 pm

Thanks Jake for a GREAT day on the mountain . . . . . . and for not blowing up my engine! I got some good oil coming from Clyde this week.
Thang
Thang
I built mine backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 31 May 2009, 11:23 pm

Put in the good oil and call me for some instructions..

That car still needs good solid beating. They all do. Let me drive it 5 miles.

It is nice, thats for sure..
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:45 am

Mountain Power House wrote:

That car still needs good solid beating.

Let's see. that will happen when....
1) It goes on the drag strip....naaaahhh
2) He drives it real hard for 50 miles....no way
3) Trailering to the next show, he goes over a lot of rail road tracks. cheers cheers cheers
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:09 pm

Tanbug wrote:
Mountain Power House wrote:

That car still needs good solid beating.

Let's see. that will happen when....
1) It goes on the drag strip....naaaahhh
2) He drives it real hard for 50 miles....no way
3) Trailering to the next show, he goes over a lot of rail road tracks. cheers cheers cheers

3 is yor best bet , but we all kow that. Mountain Power HOUSE -  TUNE DAY  !!   ( May 30th  ) - Page 8 235672
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:45 pm

I take Beth's car to red line every time I drive it.. So does she!!

BTW- The Boxster made 290 at the wheels today and I am still tuning the ECU :-)
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 01 Jun 2009, 10:06 pm

Nice
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Mon 01 Jun 2009, 10:51 pm

Take mine to the red line evetytime also...... Could have something to do with it's life of about 6000 miles everytime affraid affraid
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Tue 02 Jun 2009, 1:39 am

overspray wrote:Take mine to the red line evetytime also...... Could have something to do with it's life of about 6000 miles everytime affraid affraid

baybe you should balance it. Very Happy
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next