BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009

+12
sploval53
yellow73
Cave Man
Mountain Power House
Black Cat
mrclean
WALKER
southeastvw
overspray
Fifty - Five
VOLKSWAGENUT
Ann Mezger
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009 Empty 4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009

Post  Ann Mezger Mon 09 Feb 2009, 12:09 pm

Open call to all street cars to come test your performance & see where you rank while having a great time with fellow enthusiasts both on the street & at the track. This is the 4th Annual Street Car Challenge sponsored by Vintage Performance & Kawell Racing held in conjunction with & as part of the SEVWA Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009 in Reynolds, GA.

Entry Fee/Payout:

The Street Car Challenge entry fee is $20 Pre registered, $25 day of the race. All entry fees will be paid out to the top 2 finishers with 65% to the winner and 35% to the runner up.

Rules:

Helmets and seat belts are required for all competitors. Competitors must also meet NHRA safety requirements for the quarter-mile speed and/or e.t. the vehicle is capable of. NHRA safety rules will be enforced by the track officials.

Any VW powered vehicle (air or water cooled) may enter as long as they meet the following:

1800lb minimum w/ driver, base air cooled weight. 2300lb minimum w/ driver, base water cooled weight Add 100lb for Nitrous, add 200lb for Turbo
· All competitors must have current street registration, a legal rear license plate with current registration decal, current proof of insurance, and a current driver's license. No dealer or manufacturer plates allowed. The VIN on the car must match the VIN on all associated paperwork. The following are required: working headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, horn, and a safety-glass windshield.

Carpet covering the full floor and tunnel ahead of the rear edge of the front seats; upholstered door panels; a full OE dashboard frame; upholstered driver and passenger seats in stock locations; and a steering column in the conventional location. The driver must be able to enter and exit the vehicle unassisted.
Full exhaust with mufflers, turbocharged vehicles are not required to have a muffler
Complete body and floorpan mandatory, lightweight body panels limited to fenders, hood and decklid or hatch.
Any DOT approved tire, slicks prohibited and tires must fit under fenders. The entire competition must be run on one set of four tires
Working brakes on all 4 wheels
No wheelie bars allowed
No spools allowed
No tow vehicles allowed, all cars are to be driven under their own power. ( This is for during the competition, it is ok to tow your vehicle to and from the event. )

Procedure:

All vehicles must go on a specified drive on a distance (around 30miles) to be determined on the day of the race, no exceptions! All participates are to meet at the track @ 9am for the drive. All vehicles should be 'fueled up' prior to the cruise. No fuel can be added between the cruise & the race or during the competition at any time unless the car / driver has been disqualified. No stops (except stop signs/traffic lights) or deviation from the cruise course are allowed or you will be disqualified

Prior to starting time trials, all competing cars must be scaled with the driver (no driver changes allowed once scaled) and signed off by an SEVWA official. Once scaled, all competing cars will report to the Vintage Performance Street Car Challenge staging area. Cars are not allowed to visit their pit spot at any time after they have been scaled. No work is to be done on the vehicle once racing has begun. (Timing, fan belt, air pressures are allowed exceptions to this rule.) Fan belt may be removed prior to making a pass.

The class will make 3 quarter mile passes (Silver Dollar only) 3 eighth mile passes during track qualifying with the average of the 3 passes being your score, the car with the best overall score will be named the winner. In the event of a tie - winner will be determined by a heads up match race. (The winner will be determined by the average of their 3 passes. In the event that they are unable to make a pass, the slowest time run by a competing car will be used to for the missed pass.)

After every pass, competing cars are to return to the Street Car Challenge staging area to turn in their time slip before making another pass. Drivers are responsible for getting their Time slips turned in after every pass. All cars are subject to being re-scaled at anytime.

Once the Street Car Challenge has been completed, competitors are free to enter any of the bracket classes (must pay the class’ entry fee).

We do have the option to run a Gamblers race, if we get enough participants. This would be a 1/8 mile Sportsman Ladder race. This will be discussed further during sign up, before any racing takes place.

These rules will be posted in the Street Car Challenge staging area for the duration of the race.

More Info. / To Pre-Register -
http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/silverdollar/vintagestreetinfo.htm

Ann Mezger

Back to top Go down

4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009 Empty Re: 4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 09 Feb 2009, 7:46 pm

crap I guess i need to get a horn. Embarassed
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009 Empty Re: 4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009

Post  Fifty - Five Mon 09 Feb 2009, 8:57 pm

Get one of those boat horns in a can. Cool
Fifty - Five
Fifty - Five
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Tue 10 Feb 2009, 12:34 am

No need hadn't had one the last 4 years... Finger still works.. better than a horn most times... What a Face
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Mon 02 Mar 2009, 1:08 pm

We only have 6 entered for the Street Challenge????
Come on guys!

This is who we got so far........

Charles Overton
Mike Sheets
Mike Heinze
Justin Flowers
Gil Comeau
Kevin Smith
southeastvw
southeastvw

http://www.kandlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 02 Mar 2009, 4:02 pm

I thought we had more BK members than that......... Very Happy
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Mon 02 Mar 2009, 6:20 pm

lol!
One Florida boy mixed in with the BKC! shifting
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  WALKER Mon 02 Mar 2009, 9:06 pm

You can count me out for sure. I have got to be back in town sunday for work. Just please don't let a green car win.
WALKER
WALKER
Wanna race!

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Mon 02 Mar 2009, 9:10 pm

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:I thought we had more BK members than that......... Very Happy

Most can't get a Kitchen pass to run their cars..... and for some damn reason Billy can't speak up or pre Reg.... for anything. ! Rolling Eyes
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 02 Mar 2009, 9:38 pm

overspray wrote:
VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:I thought we had more BK members than that......... Very Happy

Most can't get a Kitchen pass to run their cars..... and for some damn reason Billy can't speak up or pre Reg.... for anything. ! Rolling Eyes

Oh my.............. maybe instead of BKC shirts we should have made BKC pants.........of course we would just need a few pairs it looks like...... 4th Annual Street Car Challenge / Silver Dollar Showdown March 8, 2009 442607

made you guys a special smiliy KITCHEN PASS
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Mon 02 Mar 2009, 11:47 pm

southeastvw wrote:lol!

kathy i'm in what do you need.
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Tue 03 Mar 2009, 12:26 am

mrclean wrote:

kathy i'm in what do you need.

Needed to let her know weeks ago........ your out now... don't let him in Ma Ma K.... Twisted Evil
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Tue 03 Mar 2009, 12:43 am

why so you have a better chance of winning. Twisted Evil
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 03 Mar 2009, 1:02 am

That was all I needed.
I will place you down on my list and have all the stuff ready for the event.
We just need to get more people involved! The most we had was 20 and all of this is 100% payback plus the extras we have too.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 03 Mar 2009, 12:03 pm

added Mr. Clean and Virgil to the Challenge
So we are up to 8. Going to call Ann today and see if anyone from up there is coming to be in it too.

Also, don't forget we need to have numbers on the left side of your car for the track.
So someone bring some shoepolish for the windows and I will assign numbers just for you guys on Sunday.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann Mezger Tue 03 Mar 2009, 6:36 pm

southeastvw wrote:added Mr. Clean and Virgil to the Challenge
So we are up to 8. Going to call Ann today and see if anyone from up there is coming to be in it too.

Also, don't forget we need to have numbers on the left side of your car for the track.
So someone bring some shoepolish for the windows and I will assign numbers just for you guys on Sunday.

I'm having stickers made again this year since that worked really well for identifying the cars last year. We're bringing at least 1 car down with us - still waiting to hear whether or not the others got their permission slips signed.

Just a reminder, make sure you fill your tanks with fuel before getting to the track Sunday AM.

Ann Mezger

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 03 Mar 2009, 8:37 pm

If you would like to pre-register for this event, please send an email to sevwa@sevwa.com with the following info:

Name, year/model,engine size, location

Schedule for Street Challenge is as follows

- 9am meet at track for meet

- 9:30am cruise begins

- 11:00am runs begin

If you are in the street challenge and you want to be in the bracket classes as well, you are welcome to do so. The Street Challenge will be run during the 3 time runs,so you can jump right on in for eliminations. You will need to come and register & pay for your proper bracket class before racing begins.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Tue 03 Mar 2009, 11:07 pm

With Bill in that makes 2 from Florida in the mix...Looks like the odds just went down for everyone else! Florida boys finished 1-2-3 in the first Street Challenge, fastest NA in the second Challenge (I'll try to overlook that fast nitrous car from Jersey!) and finished second last year! Johnnie, I'll do my best to keep the blue cars rollin' fast against them green cars...Even if when they do come from Florida! lol!
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Thu 05 Mar 2009, 1:06 pm

Ok, this list is growing! :boxing:

Charles Overton BKC (GA) 64 Beetle
Mike Sheets BKC (NC) 55 Beetle
Mike Heinze BKC (TN) 59 Beetle 1915
Justin Flowers (TN) 61 Beetle 1915 Turbo
Gil Comeau (FL) 67 Beetle 2176
Kevin Smith BKC (GA) 56 Beetle
Nigel Poland (GA) 73 Beetle 2270 Type 4
Bill Wallace BKC (FL) Beetle
Rick Hawkins (GA) 73 Beetle Vert
Warren Hamontree 67 Beetle Turbo
Joe Koenig (NJ) Beetle
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  WALKER Sun 08 Mar 2009, 9:52 pm

OK , I can't make an event and my fellow BK brothers can't get the job done???? Anyways congrat's to Gil for the Street challenge win. Your allway's there knocking on our doors and keep us on our toes. cheers
WALKER
WALKER
Wanna race!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 08 Mar 2009, 10:13 pm

Walker, You missed a good time! I think you might have seen the 11s today, or at least the low 12s..

Gil was certainly impressive today!
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Mon 09 Mar 2009, 6:13 am

WALKER wrote:OK , I can't make an event and my fellow BK brothers can't get the job done???? Anyways congrat's to Gil for the Street challenge win. Your allway's there knocking on our doors and keep us on our toes. cheers

I had a great time this weekend, I guess it helps when you win! Thanks for the kind words Johnnie and Jake. Johnnie, your BK brethren were definitely fast enough, as Overspray, Mr. Clean and Turbo all posted quicker times than me...I heard Turbo ran an 11.85 in some test runs after the Challenge! As always Kathy, Keith, Kurt and Ann did a great job putting this together! Blue cars from Florida rule!! cheers
Black Cat
Black Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Mon 09 Mar 2009, 7:48 pm

The Turbo was doing really good later in the day...not sure who he let drive it then..but he needs to all the time......

Gil is a super cool guy...I had much rather lose to him than a turbo Twisted Evil

Last edited by overspray on Mon 09 Mar 2009, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cave Man Mon 09 Mar 2009, 9:21 pm

overspray wrote:The Turbo was doing really good later in the day...not sure who he let drive it then..but he needs to all the time......

Gil is a super cool guy...I had much rather lose to him than a turbo Twisted Evil

Why isn't Gil in the BK ?? Question

I think his car is a 67 scratch . Or maby no one has invited him?

And yep hes a cool guy in my book too.
Cave Man
Cave Man

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Mon 09 Mar 2009, 9:58 pm

or 73... scratch
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next