BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April or June??

4 posters

Go down

April or June?? Empty April or June??

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 11 Jul 2010, 1:27 pm

I have finally completed all my prioperty updates after 7 months of continuous work.. all thats left is the paving, but I am not concerned with that for another 6 weeks or so.

My question is which do you think would be best for the event? Looking at April its pretty busy with shows, but it does have some openings.. May is packed out between our SCCA races, VW events and Land Speed Racing, so May is out.. March is also out because the weather here is so unpredictable.

June seems more appealing as there are no events to conflict in June and since I'll have customers coming for the reunion from all over the country it would be better if school was out for the summer. The weather in the earliest parts of June is still generally predictable and has been comfortable for the past few years.

I am leaning more toward June, but would like input from you guys.. April would by far be the most beautiful time for the event with trees blooming and etc, BUT that comes with weather thats not very preictable and conflicting times.. My idea is to have the event the first weekend in June, thoughts?
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

April or June?? Empty Re: April or June??

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sun 11 Jul 2010, 6:27 pm

I agree on the early june thing. Sounds like you got it going on. Look forward to it.
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Sun 11 Jul 2010, 10:41 pm

June sounds like the best time.
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thang Sun 11 Jul 2010, 11:07 pm

I think June is a winner! cheers
Thang
Thang
I built mine backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 11 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm

I think June is best for many reasons, plus it gives us lots of time for planning and it gives my customers plenty of time to plan for some really long road trips...

I snagged some new page layout software for working on my book and catalog stuff and it makes some seriously cool flyers.. I'll start posting it and will begin the flyers and a T shirt design in the next month.

The place is laid out really cool now, its more spread out but even the old building is squared away and spic and span, it looks new! I may have to get the Athens guys to bring a bunch of bugs up so we can get a visual on the best lay out for parking and classed show cars :-)

Dyno registration will be limited to 30 cars, if we have more than that pre-register then we'll have a drawing to see who gets time on the rollers. I don't expect this first show to be big, but it'll be a great stepping stone for growth..

BTW- If its a VW with a radiator, its not invited... I suppose I could have those cars park at the pond. (underwater)
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down