BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we wait till 2011??

5 posters

Go down

Should we wait till 2011?? Empty Should we wait till 2011??

Post  Mountain Power House Tue 04 May 2010, 9:10 pm

I had originally wanted to have our show in June with the dyno challenge, but with all the work we have had to do on the property and the new building that was never going to happen. Its a good thing that we saw this early on and decided to push the date back.

Now I am faced with a challenge as to when we should have the event.. I wanted to do it in October, BUT there are too many other events in October already and I don't want to create conflicts. Here in the mountains November gets cold and of course July, August and September are hot as a bitch which would make for a miserable event, even here in the mountains.

Because of this I am trying to find the best possible time for the show/ Dyno day that we can stick with year after year without conflict and when the weather is fairly predictable and warm. That pretty much rules out any time in March since. At the present it looks like April would be the best, probably very early in the month before BAP. May is also packed with events which would also not be a good time because of our Land Speed and SCCA racing schedules.

So what do you guys think??? The summer is wide open, but hot as hell so I am seriously considering making this an annual event held in April, beginning in 2011 when the weather is predictable and fairly warm.. Let me hear what you think.

I really am itching to do this, but don't want to rush it and do it half assed.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Should we wait till 2011?? Empty Re: Should we wait till 2011??

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Tue 04 May 2010, 10:10 pm

Good points, I here ya on the hurry it up thing that never works out good. If it was me I would wait and make it early april maybe the first weekend , BAP is ussually middle to end of the month. As much as I would love to jump in the bus in a few weeks and try to get threw those mountains...... I would wait. Laughing Laughing
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Tue 04 May 2010, 11:24 pm

Thanks for the input.. I think its always better to do something with proper preparation, else it just ends up as a nightmare.

I have several acres of new grass that is up and doing well, but it probably won't be going strong enough for cars and traffic to drive on it until next spring anyway.. You guys that are coming for the poker run will get a sneak peak at the big face lift we have given the whole hill top this weekend... The way we laid this out the parking for the show will be in the field near the highway and the show will go on behind the fence, in the RAT compound :-)

I think waiting till April 2011 is the smartest thing to do.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  Major62 Wed 05 May 2010, 12:36 am

Think everyone understands the situation and will see the reasons you had for the delay so it would be ready. Im sure many will support you if you target April timeframe, I know I will plan on it.
Major62
Major62
Class 11

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 05 May 2010, 12:37 am

I was really wanting to have a new engine to dyno also Crying or Very sad ... but too busy right now.... sounds like a plan for 2011 all around....

Cant wait to see the face lift Sat. ... cheers
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Thu 06 May 2010, 2:13 am

OK, so I suppose we all agree that waiting would be best. I will get with the crew that does BAP and double check their dates for 2011 and will then set a date in stone for early April and get the flyers made NOW. This will give us the proper time to get the word out about the event and will all around work out better.

Today I hit a snag with a turbo motor, got disgusted and worked in the yard all day... Things are really starting to get green and look good around here, but it still has a ways to go before I have it as clean as I want.

Waiting till April also gives me time to put a few more projects together for the dyno as well :-)

Overspray,
I have a proposition for you. I will show you the parts on Saturday. Small, simple and more powerful than anything you have ever had before, but you'll have to learn how to use software to set your idle speed:-)
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Thu 06 May 2010, 4:46 am

HUMMMMMM....

So where can a guy park a couple trailers @ up there Sat morn ??
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Thu 06 May 2010, 8:28 am

If you can jake , get some flyiers mde up to hand out at fall CYW , it should be packed. ( maybe with more BKC guys than normal ) lol! lol!
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  WALKER Thu 06 May 2010, 10:11 am

Don't forget the spring Farmington race also.
WALKER
WALKER
Wanna race!

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Thu 06 May 2010, 10:40 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Walker Posted ....... Shocked Shocked Shocked
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Thu 06 May 2010, 4:15 pm

overspray wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked Walker Posted ....... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I heard stories about a member named Walker.
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Thu 06 May 2010, 6:57 pm

The Spring farmington race is usually after BAP, and I plan on doing the event the weekend before BAP, which should not cause a problem.. There are only so many perfect dates in the spring and I also have to balance this around SCCA, PCA and ECTA events that I have to attend as well.. It may have to conflict with another VW event just to make it happen, but I'll try not to.

The way I have laid out the field where parking will be there will be room for trailers with an easy way in and out. I can probably talk to the county and get permission for some overflow parking at the shop next door if we have to.. The lfield where parking will be is 2.5 acres.

Its hard to explain, you'll see on Saturday. If you need a place to park for the Poker run, this is it.. I just cut the grass yesterday :-)

We can't attend the fall CYW, it conflicts with Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Thu 06 May 2010, 10:28 pm

OK I was going into helen... But Nae wants to park there....Be her first time to the Raby compound !
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Thu 06 May 2010, 11:52 pm

What time will you be here Saturday morning?? You can leave anything here that you want during the run..
The driveway to the field is next to the machine shop next door.. If you want call me and I'll direct you in.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down