BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bugdust...

+14
Tanbug
yellow73
Cave Man
peacebug
sploval53
WALKER
POKER
VOLKSWAGENUT
overspray
Mohawk
mrclean
Thang
Fifty - Five
bugdust
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

bugdust... - Page 2 Empty Re: bugdust...

Post  Cave Man Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:12 pm

Jake Who? Laughing
Cave Man
Cave Man

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow73 Wed 26 Nov 2008, 12:23 am

bugdust wrote:
sploval53 wrote:With 1600 does he plan on keeping up with traffic??

I don't know what 1600s you guys have been driving but he should have no problems. I may switch out the trans later to give him some more top end but he'll be fine for now. My old 67 with a stock 67 trans, 1600 single-port and 185/55s on the back would cruise 75-80 all day long with no problems. It did even better with 165s on it. I drove it all over while I had it...Jax Bch, St. Augustine, Daytona, Tampa, Lakeland, back & forth to work almost daily...everywhere. It never saw a trailer until the day I sold it.
bugdust... - Page 2 DSC01990

Mmmmmm let's see.....cruises at 75-80.........driven almost daily..........never saw a trailer until the day he sold it.......sounds great to me!!!!!
yellow73
yellow73

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 26 Nov 2008, 12:55 am

Virgil !!!! keep it up ! Evil or Very Mad
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  yellow73 Wed 26 Nov 2008, 8:19 pm

I thought you would like that!!! Just trying to provide support!!!
yellow73
yellow73

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Thu 27 Nov 2008, 1:34 pm

What late models are for......driving or crushing.
Take your pick. Suspect
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Thu 27 Nov 2008, 7:18 pm

Tanbug wrote:What late models are for......driving or crushing.
Take your pick. Suspect

I'd rather drive a stock super beetle than a Honda. I never quite got the whole late model "fat chick" sucks mentality. Then again, I don't get the whole bus owners attitude either.

I've owned a 55, 56, 57 ragtop, 59 euro ragtop, 61 baja, 62, 62 vert, 63, 2 64s, 64 baja, 65 baja, 65, 65 w/ ragtop clip, 3 66s, 3 or 4 67s, 68 (my first bug), 68 vert, 69 RHD suicide-doored jalopy, 2 70 bajas, 2 70s, 71, 71SB, 72, 72 SB, 74 SB vert, 2 74 bajas, 76 sedan, 4 glass buggies, 5 rails, a 59 DC, a 60 SC...maybe more I can't think of. My favorites? I had a primer 67 that I drove every day for about 4 years, a 70 that I drove everyday for about 3 years, the black 67 shown earlier in this thread and both my 70 bajas were real fun cars. Oh, my yellow buggy was a lot of fun too.

70, daily driver for about 3 years 1995-1998
bugdust... - Page 2 70splash1

70 baja. I built it and my brother painted it...sold it in 1993 when my first son was born
bugdust... - Page 2 70BAJA2-3

70 baja (different one) put alot of mile on this one 1988-1989
bugdust... - Page 2 70BAJA1

67 daily driver 1993-1995
bugdust... - Page 2 67bug11

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Thu 27 Nov 2008, 7:22 pm

A few other pics of junk I've owned
69 RHD suicide-doored jalopy
bugdust... - Page 2 Myratrod3

1965 Stephens Sand Shark buggy
bugdust... - Page 2 DSC00092

the black 67 before
bugdust... - Page 2 DSC01395

after
bugdust... - Page 2 DSC01988

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Thu 27 Nov 2008, 7:24 pm

My next project after I finish my son's 64 bug
1962 vert
bugdust... - Page 2 62vert024

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Thu 27 Nov 2008, 9:37 pm

OK Shocked ... .. But you do know the BKC is a 67 down high HP club ... right ?...... we have friends that drive fat chicks... but we will NEVER have one in the BK... sign
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Thu 27 Nov 2008, 10:58 pm

overspray wrote:OK Shocked ... .. But you do know the BKC is a 67 down high HP club ... right ?...... we have friends that drive fat chicks... but we will NEVER have one in the BK... sign

Yeah, I got that. I'm just wondering why certain groups have to be anti-anything that isn't what they are. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being an "exclusive" club. A man can like blondes only, but he doesn't need to bad talk the redheads.

I'm a car guy, specifically a VW guy...and to an extent a Ford truck guy. I like bajas, buggies & rails, stock 100-point restorations, low-budget beaters, high-dollar full-custom trailer queens, volksrods and mega-hp DKP style cars. I dig buses, Things, type IIIs...all of them. So, I look at the quality of the build and the attitude/personality of the builder more than the "category" of what the vehicle is.

But, a little smack-talking between friends is alright with me. Very Happy

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  Fifty - Five Thu 27 Nov 2008, 11:02 pm

Fat chicks are like mopeds... fun as hell to ride

till your friends catch ya. Embarassed
Fifty - Five
Fifty - Five
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Fri 28 Nov 2008, 12:32 am

I like Blondes and Redheads... Just not blonde or red headed fat chicks ! What a Face

I'll take the honda or the stuper.... tongue
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Thang Fri 28 Nov 2008, 12:39 am

Does he know BooB? bugdust... - Page 2 870859
Thang
Thang
I built mine backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Fri 28 Nov 2008, 11:26 pm

My 68 is the daily driver, 74 vert the hiway car. 66 is fair weather(no heat).
Tanbug
Tanbug

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sun 30 Nov 2008, 9:14 pm

Bugdust , If you owned that many vws . Then we should not have to explain why we like pre 67 bugs. HINT.... there is a big difference between a old car and a classic car. A super beetle can be 100 years old ... It will always be a GAY super beetle. Its not the year its the design. Wink

reason for the name FAT chick.....

1.. all features are bigger than expected
2 .. much cheaper to get scratch
3 .. not as desiredable... Wink
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Sun 30 Nov 2008, 10:40 pm

The ONLY thing a stuper is most valuable for is a vert.
Tanbug
Tanbug

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Mon 01 Dec 2008, 12:34 am

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:Bugdust , If you owned that many vws . Then we should not have to explain why we like pre 67 bugs. HINT.... there is a big difference between a old car and a classic car. A super beetle can be 100 years old ... It will always be a GAY super beetle. Its not the year its the design. Wink

Let's see...if comparing stock beetles for logical "performance/driving" reasons, the "fat chick" would win every time. B/J rides better than L/P, IRS better than swingaxle (esp old crashbox), 57hp better than 40hp (or 25-36), 12v better than 6v, etc. I say for driving reasons because these are supposed to be basic transportation, appliances if you will.

Comparing asthetics, the earlier cars will win every time...pure simple form follows function. Early cars don't have it because you don't need it. US-spec "towel-rail" or Euro=spec blades look better than big, square bumpers, lowback seats look better (& more comfortable) than highbacks, glass-covered headlights are light years ahead of the later style as far as style goes, the metal dash without all the doo-dads beats a padded plastic-covered deal any day.

Now, add a big hp engine, beefed trans to get the power to the ground, lower the bug for better aerodynamics & handling and convert it to 12v with modern lighting and that trumps any argument the late-model ever had.

With that said, I'm building a 64 for my son & I have a 62 vert project. Very Happy I don't think you have to explain anything to me but you can try if you like...similar to trying to teach a pig (or me) to sing though. Laughing

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Mon 01 Dec 2008, 7:27 pm

bugdust wrote:
VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:Bugdust , If you owned that many vws . Then we should not have to explain why we like pre 67 bugs. HINT.... there is a big difference between a old car and a classic car. A super beetle can be 100 years old ... It will always be a GAY super beetle. Its not the year its the design. Wink

Let's see...if comparing stock beetles for logical "performance/driving" reasons, the "fat chick" would win every time. B/J rides better than L/P, IRS better than swingaxle (esp old crashbox), 57hp better than 40hp (or 25-36), 12v better than 6v, etc. I say for driving reasons because these are supposed to be basic transportation, appliances if you will.

Comparing asthetics, the earlier cars will win every time...pure simple form follows function. Early cars don't have it because you don't need it. US-spec "towel-rail" or Euro=spec blades look better than big, square bumpers, lowback seats look better (& more comfortable) than highbacks, glass-covered headlights are light years ahead of the later style as far as style goes, the metal dash without all the doo-dads beats a padded plastic-covered deal any day.

Now, add a big hp engine, beefed trans to get the power to the ground, lower the bug for better aerodynamics & handling and convert it to 12v with modern lighting and that trumps any argument the late-model ever had.

With that said, I'm building a 64 for my son & I have a 62 vert project. Very Happy I don't think you have to explain anything to me but you can try if you like...similar to trying to teach a pig (or me) to sing though. Laughing

Laughing Laughing

I had a freind ask me one day , whats the diference about the super beetle anyway I cant tell the difference???? scratch This freind was into mustangs pretty heavy so i had something to work with .... I told him the super beetle is kinda like the early 80s mustang 2 4 bangers .... The light went on Idea and he said OK. got it!
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Fifty - Five Mon 01 Dec 2008, 8:04 pm

The Pintostang bugdust... - Page 2 109954
Fifty - Five
Fifty - Five
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Tue 02 Dec 2008, 4:27 pm

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:
bugdust wrote:

Laughing Laughing

I had a freind ask me one day , whats the diference about the super beetle anyway I cant tell the difference???? scratch This freind was into mustangs pretty heavy so i had something to work with .... I told him the super beetle is kinda like the early 80s mustang 2 4 bangers .... The light went on Idea and he said OK. got it!

LMAO !
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Tue 02 Dec 2008, 6:55 pm

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:
Laughing Laughing

Laughing Perfect! My brother is a hard-core mustang guy and I know enough to know that is the perfect analogy.

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Sun 05 Apr 2009, 1:40 am

It has been a while since I posted here. The forum looks a little different. Anyway, I sold the 62 vert and now I have another 67 and a 62 ragtop.

The 67 came from Brunswick, GA. It's a 50/50 car. It has a 1776 w/ Dell'Orto 40s. I put about 200 miles on it before I pulled the engine. The car has been a PITA since I bought it but I'll have it back together soon. It should make a nice semi-daily driver. Eventually it will get better heads and rockers, lowered and BRM replicas...that's about it. So far I have replaced the steering box, the exhaust and pulled the heads, new pushrod tubes, gaskets, etc.
bugdust... - Page 2 Tan67005
bugdust... - Page 2 070
bugdust... - Page 2 072

The 62 I picked up locally from a buddy. It is all apart. It's an old custom deal but the price was right and I'll probably build a volksrod out of it. It has a sheetmetal dash (turn the wheel and the whole cowl moves up & down), cut for 1 pc windows, custom rear apron, grafted ragtop, aftermarket fenders, 4" narrowed beam w/ shock towers, modified inner fenders around shocktowers, etc. I put my son's polished 5-spokes on it just to look at it. The plan is full-custom - chop, suicide-doors, RHD, custom dash and a bunch of other stuff. I haven't decided on fendered or fenderless. It may get a 2180 with a few goodies. It came with a nice set of 912 guages, too.
bugdust... - Page 2 009
bugdust... - Page 2 62ragtop002
bugdust... - Page 2 Porscheguages002

Last edited by bugdust on Tue 05 May 2009, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Sat 02 May 2009, 12:21 am

I've been driving my 67 almost daily. I seem to have most of the issues worked out. I've put about about 600 miles on it since I bought it. That's not bad considering the engine was out of it for almost four weeks. Since I have owned it I've replaced:
steering box
entire exhaust system
pushrod tubes
all engine seals, gaskets
fan shroud
fan
fan backing plates
fan belt
generator strap
rear breast plate (engine tin)
all screws for engine tin
accelerator cable
plug wires
condensor
rotor
dist. cap
fuel filters
stainless wing nuts on air cleaners
tires
wheels
H4 headlights

I checked the main seal & clutch while the engine was out. I cleaned & painted all the tin and put some "ceramic" paint on the exhaust.

Next up...lowering, hex bar linkage and new heads...maybe merged header.
bugdust... - Page 2 011-1
bugdust... - Page 2 012-1

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Sat 02 May 2009, 12:23 am

bugdust... - Page 2 014

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Sat 02 May 2009, 9:29 am

Looking Good ! cheers
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum