BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

groundlevelbert finally here...

+11
Tanbug
massIVe 79 vert
JEFF KYLE
Mountain Power House
BB_1965
overspray
Noh2o
VOLKSWAGENUT
TURBO
Hawkins
groundlevelbert
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 Empty Re: groundlevelbert finally here...

Post  groundlevelbert Sun 29 Aug 2010, 9:01 pm

TURBO wrote:
groundlevelbert wrote:um...wow...what can i say?

how about i went to birmingham bug blast yesterday and i can attest to the fact that the
'best of show' award is probably closer to $18--because i brought it home with me...

I'm happy for you man about 400 more best of shows and that car is paid for cheers

probably closer to 2222 best of shows and 1/4 which would be the equivalent of maybe a second
in class...

groundlevelbert

Back to top Go down

groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 Empty Re: groundlevelbert finally here...

Post  groundlevelbert Sun 29 Aug 2010, 9:53 pm

massIVe 79 vert wrote:Wow...fresh meat is tender around here lol!

i'm not tender...jake is just being a dick.

groundlevelbert

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sun 29 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

groundlevelbert wrote:

Laughing Laughing lol!
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  massIVe 79 vert Sun 29 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm

Just saying that slamming a top 75 show that ALOT of people in the BK seem to enjoy is kind of b.s., just because you're trophy chasing and you didn't win what you wanted there. The CYW promoter is a good friend and the reason he went to the top 75 format was all the whining from trophy chasers. It hasn't stopped all of us from going and having a great time. Not lame, just good old VW fun.

p.s. That "dick" is my husband.....Asshole. No one else was making this that personal until you started the name calling. Grow up.
massIVe 79 vert
massIVe 79 vert

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Sun 29 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm

While your car is very nice and I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor, most cars that I have seen at shows all fall into the rat rod or original class.
But then again, who am I to say anything about early bugs......I drive a bay window bus and have a stuper vert. groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 191873
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 29 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

Why, because I told the damn truth??

I don't know who you are but you obviously know who I am, so we'll just take the rest of this up eyeball to eyeball when we cross paths at the next show. I'll be happy to explain to you in a very tactful and professional manner exactly what I have stated here in these threads..No use in wasting bandwidth here and being keyboard nazis.

CYW is a show that did not lose ANY momentum from becoming a top 75 show.. The only difference is a couple of whiners that had cars that could not even power themselves more than on and off the trailer no longer show up. One of those cars I have NEVER heard run on more than 3 cylinders and I told the owner that his pathetic, oil leaking POS wasn't impressive at all one day when he asked me what I thought about it (big mistake).

People come from several states around to attend that show and we have braved snow, rain and exceptional heat to hang out with our VW family that has been gathering together for 20 years+ from the days when the show was at a Hotel parking lot in Pigeon Forge. CYW is the ONLY show where the forecast can call for 100% rain and the gates are still jam packed with entrants and those people stay there ALL WEEKEND. They do it the same now as they did when it was a fully classed show.

I have a 30' enclosed race trailer and a 34'RV or a 500HP Duramax Diesel GMC to pull it with and there have been a few times when Beth and I have towed one of our VWs to a show, so don't think that I am a "HATER" or I am jealous of what you have. We haul RACE CARS in this trailer, meaning vehicles that either set Land Speed Records or compete in Road Racing... every now and then we'll hook a VW up and go to a show if we want to, but generally we drive the VW there.. I have way more fun going to and from the showthan anything else. Its also a lot of fun to drive a highly modified VW to a show and have people ask if it was driven there and answer "yes, 80 MPH all the way" only to have them answer "how?".. Hell we do it while running air conditioning because thats what the car was built for.

What gets me is making a statement that shows are "lame" that don't go out of their way to accomodate the trophy hounds, when the majority of them have gotten away from competition for that very damn reason!!!

Now, one thing to remember is a solid 85% of the people judging VW shows don't have the first clue at what they are looking at... They don't know a 66 from a 67, they don't know what wheels or speedometer belong in the car and they don't understand enough about a modified car to appreciate what it includes or how that functions.. More times than not the blingiest POS in the lot takes the trophy just because it shines or sounds like a sick Harley Davidson.

I think everyone has said what they wanted to say.

I wish you the best of luck impressing people who have no idea what they are looking at.

Here is a real Trophy Hound
groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 Hound%20group%2008
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  groundlevelbert Mon 30 Aug 2010, 12:55 am

i didn't start this...you did by writing some dissertation on the topic of 'return on investment'
economics and why i am a fool for investing tens of thousands and hundreds of hours to fetch
a 5 dollar plastic trophy...i am not a 'trophy hound' and i am fully aware of my financial and time
investment without the synopsis of someone who was in the SECOND grade when i purchased my
first aircooled...i have enjoyed every aspect of vw ownership and don't regret a dollar or minute
spent on my car...

i can appreciate that you are more about 'go'--just not sure why you can't appreciate the
fact that i am more about 'show'...my passion for the marquee is every bit as legitimate as
yours...

you flamed me almost immediately and this is only my first post...geez...thanks again for the warm
welcome...i'll be sure to post often...

groundlevelbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Mon 30 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

didn't start this...you did by writing some dissertation on the topic of 'return on investment'
economics and why i am a fool for investing tens of thousands and hundreds of hours to fetch
a 5 dollar plastic trophy...
I disagree.. I think you did start this by making a blanket statement
"i showed last fall at CYW and basically got shut out on
any of the big awards..."

Well, let me tell you something... If your car didn't win at CYW it wasn't the best car there, that judging team is fair and impartial to ANYONE.

i am not a 'trophy hound'
Really, then what does this statement mean, then?
it's tough to travel almost 300 miles for a top 75 plaque...

I obviously wasn't the only person that noted it, based on the responses from others both online and offline.

and i am fully aware of my financial and time
investment without the synopsis of someone who was in the SECOND grade when I purchased my
first aircooled..
Really?? Well then, that means that we both got one the SAME DAMN YEAR! I built my first VW engine at the age of 8 and my ass came home from the Hospital in a '73 VW Thing! I have owned (have bills of sale) for over 200 VWs, so don't be pulling that superiority "I'm older than you" crap with me. Hell, when I was 18 years old I had EIGHTY VWs.

i have enjoyed every aspect of vw ownership and don't regret a dollar or minute
spent on my car...
Is that why you feel compelled to substantiate that fact over and over again? It seems to me that those actions yell and scream "insecurity"..

i can appreciate that you are more about 'go'--just not sure why you can't appreciate the
fact that i am more about 'show'...my passion for the marquee is every bit as legitimate as
yours..

The one thing that I can't freaking stand are people that don't pick up the trophy they were after and ruin things for those who attend the shows and could not give a damn less. Have YOU EVER been associated with the organization of a major VW show? Ever heard of the Southeastern Biug Fair? It was a major show for almost a decade and I helped organize and support it, one reason why that show is no longer is because of people just like you that made life miserable for the organizers with their bitching, moaning and whining.. Hell, people complained and the show was only a top 75 with a few "best of" awards.. Hang around after an awards ceremony sometime and watch for the whiners to weasel their way up to state their case about why they didn't win, it always happens.

I don't care how nice your car is and you don't care how nice mine is, this isn't about the car.

you flamed me almost immediately and this is only my first post...geez...thanks again for the warm
welcome...i'll be sure to post often...

Flames generally make for a warm welcome, but this isn't my site and I have nothing to do with it's administration. Don't hold the BK responsible for the grenades and rockets being lobbed your way.

BTW- Where can I find one of those safari windshields like yours?? That would be damn good for hunting season thats coming up pretty soon....

Next time we are going to be at the same show I'll bring you a trophy for your collection, I got it in 1988 when I was 13 years old at an IVWA event, it means about as much to me as a rock laying outside in the yard, I am sure you could put it to better use than me..

Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:58 am

this sounds like a contest of whos DICK is bigger. lol!
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:05 am

Just a classic wide open BKC forum discussion.
Tanbug
Tanbug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

mrclean wrote:this sounds like a contest of whos DICK is bigger. lol!

I thought yours was??? LOL
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Tue 31 Aug 2010, 3:41 pm

Is it who's a bigger DICK ?
or who's DICK is bigger ?

VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Kx3 Tue 31 Aug 2010, 4:25 pm

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:Is it who's a bigger DICK ?
or who's DICK is bigger ?

6 in one ..... Half Dozen in the other ....... lol!
Kx3
Kx3
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Tue 31 Aug 2010, 9:28 pm

I'll take the title of biggest dick!!
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:35 pm

posting like that to people has definatly earned you that......
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  POKER Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:59 pm

Don't miss with RABY! Twisted Evil
POKER
POKER
In & out

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Wed 01 Sep 2010, 12:38 am

Anybody got a TROPHY for me???
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 01 Sep 2010, 6:08 pm

Well I didnt bother to read the last two pages of the BS... But this wasnt what i had in mind when i invited him to this form....

Here is the last part of a PM ...

i've never encountered anything like this on any
forum ever...so if you don't mind, i would really appreciate it if you deactivated my account and my one post
and i'll stick with some of the other forums...thanks again...

My reply is "Ill delete this topic but your welcome to post here anytime !"

I say Build what you want to build and do with it as you please....If the top 75 started this.... then I agree .. I went to CYW to see what my car would do against others.. a top 75... is a friggin JOKE.. IMO !

read.. post .. have fun .. it wont be here long....
Not a good way to welcome in a Newbie !
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Laz Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:16 pm

i kept quiet and lurked during this deal and i have been on both sides of this coin. i am currently driving and enjoying my car. i still sometimes feel like i need some form of validation. but that being said i have taken licks since day one and have a great time posting here. i know the beating is good hearted. did this go a little over board? maybe, but sometimes you just gotta hang in there. jake is a reasonable guy. i havent had the pleasure of meeting groundlevelbert but he seems like a competitive spirit and anyone who knows jake knows how jake feels about show only cars. i think we should take a deep breath and hum a few bars of Kumbaya.just relax and lets try and see all sides. dont get me wrong this aint my club or my forum but i really enjoy hanging around here as well as with you guys @ events. so i know the bk are some nice guys and girls,fwiw i know its all good hearted. i just hope groundlevel can lighten a little. its all good. that being said i think jake was trying to say the same about shows. i know his claws come out when someone runs earml down. i feel like he has a great deal of respect for that show and the way AVWA approaches their decisions. i think thats why he still supports that show as a sponsor(one of the only ones that i can think of). that being said i can see where he would be offended as well. in the grand scheme of things its not that big of a deal.Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this post are the views of the poster and do not reflect the views of the BKC, Rabys Aircooled Technology,or VKG. redeem where valid. no purchase necessary.
Laz
Laz

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:35 pm

You guys act like groundlevel owns a stuper beater !!!
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Laz Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

overspray wrote:You guys act like groundlevel owns a old mothball car !!!

and we're off and running. i fixed it 4 ya. it was misspelled according to mozilla.now its not
Laz
Laz

Back to top Go down

Post  groundlevelbert Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:33 pm

hey all...i'm really ready to move forward from this...i never intended to ruffle any feathers...when i said i
had been shutout at CYW, i never made a single accusation that something was awry with the judging...
my failure to win any of the big awards could have been for any variety of reasons including the fact that
the quality and detail of my car is simply not up to par, unfortunately, from jake's viewpoint, my statement must
have implied personal criticism of the judges and their decisions...for the record, i have never questioned the results
at any event nor have i complained to any event organizers...i have been on the receiving end of that type of
behavior during my five years as an event organizer for the Nashville Eurofest car and motorcycle show which played
host to over 400 european vehicles, so i do have some experience in that area...

that being said, i don't really enjoy the Top 75 format because it tends to feel like everyone is merely getting a
'participation award' as mentioned earlier in the thread...but i'm sure we can all agree to disagree on that particular point...

i simply want to enjoy my car and present it to the public to enjoy every chance i get...this is just a hobby for me...
i don't have any career aspirations associated with aircooled vws and i'm not on some ego trip...i spent a lot of money and invested a lot of time that i can't recoup...that investment can't be analyzed solely on a profit and loss
statement...if that were the case, i'm sure we'd ALL be operating in the red regardless of whether we are 'show', 'go', or any combination of the two...

i apologize to both jake and beth for taking offense to his initial comments regarding his views on cars built primarily for show and reacting in the manner that i did...in retrospect, i should have merely passed on the opportunity to respond...

groundlevelbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:55 pm

Noted.
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Thu 02 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

Laz wrote:
overspray wrote:You guys act like groundlevel owns a old mothball car !!!

and we're off and running. i fixed it 4 ya. it was misspelled according to mozilla.now its not

Thanks !..............ass hat ! groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 235672

On another note.. booked our rooms for CYW.. so far we have 4 cars cruizing up 411....
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Fri 03 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

.....and a bus. groundlevelbert finally here... - Page 2 664353
Tanbug
Tanbug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next