BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA

+11
Smiff
stinky pinky
sploval53
mrclean
VOLKSWAGENUT
Tanbug
Fifty - Five
Ann Mezger
Cave Man
overspray
southeastvw
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA - Page 2 Empty Re: Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA

Post  southeastvw Tue 17 Feb 2009, 1:24 am

suppose I need to call again then huh?!

Damn, I just looked and there are rooms online for Sat March 7th!
southeastvw
southeastvw

http://www.kandlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA - Page 2 Empty Re: Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA

Post  Fifty - Five Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:39 am

Cave Man wrote:
Fifty - Five wrote:
southeastvw wrote:If you plan to stay at the Holiday Inn in Perry on Saturday night, they ONLY have 22 rooms left and
You MUST mention SEVWA to get a room, otherwise they are sold out!

Just so you know, I did ask about Friday and the hotel does not have any rooms for that day.

Hotel number 478-987-3313

I got mine!!! cheers

Got Mine for Sat Night. Kevin called and told them SEVWA and they told him NO ROOM IN THE INN!!! Brother jumpped on line and booked one with no problem. cheers

Practicing for the parking lot.

Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA - Page 2 102_1610

OOOOOOOO........... There's my apple crisp!!!! WOOO HOOO parking lot party, damn I cant wait

They did the same thing with me and I asked them why they didnt have a block for us seeing as we come in every year and if there were no rooms for us why was the info up on the SEVWA website and the phone answering girl was like "I'm sorry sir can I have my sales manager call you back?" The sales manager called back and smooth sailing after that. I guess you just have to be sure your not talking to a flunkie and get someone who knows the deal.
Fifty - Five
Fifty - Five
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:47 am

LOL
You know it isn't that hard to look into the computer and see the SEVWA Rooms blocked! Geeze
I will call the sales Manager Terri again today and varify if we even have any rooms left anyhow.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Tue 17 Feb 2009, 7:13 pm

southeastvw wrote:LOL
You know it isn't that hard to look into the computer and see the SEVWA Rooms blocked!

Its harder when you smoking crack Laughing
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Mon 23 Feb 2009, 12:47 pm

Only two weeks away!
If you are going to enter your car in the show or Street Challenge, please send me your information so it can be ready!
Going to be a good event!
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  Smiff Tue 24 Feb 2009, 1:32 am

Kathy I am going to do the street challenge.
Smiff
Smiff
Mr race daddy

http://www.ASCRacing.net

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 24 Feb 2009, 9:00 am

Ok cool!
I got ya down!
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Tue 24 Feb 2009, 9:57 pm

you get my PM kathy?
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:you get my PM kathy?
I got you down for the Street Challenge Mike
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:55 pm

southeastvw wrote:
VOLKSWAGENUT wrote:you get my PM kathy?
I got you down for the Street Challenge Mike

Cool
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Sun 01 Mar 2009, 10:53 pm

Just a week away and a good thing, or else we all would be in the SNOW!

looks like the weather is going to be NICE and in the 70's!
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Tue 03 Mar 2009, 8:34 pm

More updates for this weekend
Sat night
The track will be having their local bracket program going on Saturday. Gates open at 1pm, time runs start at 2 and eliminations at 5pm. If you are a racer, you are welcome to come on out and join their race or even just for TNT. Spectator admission is $10.

We will have pre-show set up on Saturday evening. If you are a vendor, show car, racer or camper, you are welcome to come on out. Please be aware, that if you come on out before 9:00pm there could still be a charge to get in. Not sure how late they will be running. If you want to come on in to watch the racing, they will direct you where to park so you are not in the way. Otherwise that evening once all the racers are gone, we will be getting everyone in their spot for Sunday. This way WE do not have to move you, come Sunday morning at 6:30am! We also will be collecting any gate admissions for Sunday as well for those of you in the gates Sat night.

Sunday
Spectator Admission $15 (12 & Under Free)
Show cars $10

7:30am - Gates open for vendors ONLY!
8am - Gates open for all
9:00am Registration begins for show cars/Racers
10:00am - Chapel Service
11:00am -- Time Runs begin
Noon- Registration ends for show cars
12:30pm - Judging begins
2pm - Eliminations
3:00pm - Awards for show cars (Approx time)
4:30pm - awards for Racers (Approx Time)
5:30 - Gates close (Approx Time)

Judges and Extra Help
We are looking for some folks to help judge and park for the event. If you are someone that is interested, you will get free entry to the event. Judges are needed for a couple of hours, starting at 12:30 and we need a few parkers for the morning hours. Please send us an email if you are interested. sevwa@sevwa.com

Other show info

If you need any other show information, Directions, hotels, classes, etc. Please go to our website at www.kandlmotorsports.com . Any questions? Just ask!
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Thu 05 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

Just called the Holiday Inn and they still have a few rooms left, so make sure you call them NOW!

Holiday Inn # (478) 987-3313
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  massIVe 79 vert Thu 05 Mar 2009, 1:57 pm

Kathy-

Jake says he'll be glad to help you judge Sunday What a Face What a Face
massIVe 79 vert
massIVe 79 vert

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Thu 05 Mar 2009, 2:18 pm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTT! affraid lol!
Does he know you are volunteering him for it?! Razz
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Fri 06 Mar 2009, 12:27 am

massIVe 79 vert wrote:Kathy-

Jake says he'll be glad to help you judge Sunday What a Face What a Face

that's some funny shit... Beth...."Jake get your arse out that like I said "
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Fifty - Five Wed 11 Mar 2009, 9:36 am

Well I had a blast at the Silver Dollar Showdown right up to the point I got SCREWED by the track officials. Let me get this across First and Foremost. I WILL NOT BE BACK AT THE SILVER DOLLAR RACEWAY! Now that we are clear on that I will tell the story of what happened and you can be the judge. First off I was having a blast hanging out and making passes in the Vintage Performance Street Challenge. I had a blast in the first round of eliminations, then in the second round of eliminations I got disqualified for not being able to start my car. The problem started on Saturday at Dyno Day when my reserve tap started acting up and cutting my fuel off when it felt like it. So nothing "wrong" with my car just move the reserve tap and it gets fuel and starts and runs fine. It did this earlier in the day during the street challenge and after moving the tap lever inside the car it will start. The track official that was taking care of telling everybody when to leave the staging lanes and head to the burnout box witnessed this and I told him EXACTLY what it was doing. So in the second round of eliminations when he told me to leave the staging lanes and move to the burnout box I crossed the yellow line that marks the end of the staging lanes and had to wait for the 2 cars that were staging to finish staging and make their pass and while the 2 cars that were waiting to do thier burnout were still waiting to "take the box" so there I sat still on the hill but unable to get in the burnout box until two cars made a pass and two cars did their burnout. So in my "burndown" time on the hill the reserve tap decides to do it's thing right at the time I need to pull into the burnout box, so they "put me on the clock" which gave me one minute to start my car and it did start in one minute and fifteen seconds according to a track official in the tower. My problem comes in with the burndown time when I couldn't do anything "burnout or stage to make a pass " while wating for two races in front of me. One track official in the tower said they dont care how long it takes behind the yellow line, so if I was still in the lanes instead of burning down on the hill and had the problem then I wouldnt have gotten d.q. and ruined my points day. For those of you that dont know I came in second after leading the sportsman points all of last year until the last race. So that just shows how important EVERY point is and to be taken out of a race like this is PURE B.S.!!!! the bad thing is that round two of eliminations were still under way when I got my car fired.

Nothing can be done to fix this, I may have went out in the second round on the pass I didn't get to make, I may have went on to win the event, now we'll never know because of the track officials at the Silver Dollar Dragway. So the SAD car count at this event will be one less next year. I'll take my Car Showin, Vintage Performance and Sportsman Racing ass home after a long night of partying after the BKC Dyno Day next year and wont miss the Seven hour and forty five minute drive home one bit.
Fifty - Five
Fifty - Five
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Wed 11 Mar 2009, 1:58 pm

I really liked the burgers......
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  Kx3 Wed 11 Mar 2009, 2:26 pm

I'm with you Mike ..... If they don't do something to improve the attendance and draw a bigger crowd this will be another event that will be gone like a fart in the wind ..........
Kx3
Kx3
super tender

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Wed 11 Mar 2009, 7:51 pm

Glad you had a good time Mike, that is what these events are all about!

I am sorry to hear about your troubles in the lanes and truly sorry to hear that you will not be back to Silver Dollar. I don't really understand what happened, since I don't get to watch the racing very often, but as you know Keith does know about this and he is upset that he wasn't right there to see it happen in person.
I don't know why the attendance & race count was down, it certainly called for a beautiful weekend and that is what we got! We can only do so much to let everyone know about the event and get them to come out. Thanks to the BKC for spreading the word and getting those flyers out and we did the same thing by mail and at the Daytona show.

On another note, I had a bit of a family scare with Lonnie going in the Hospital on Saturday. He came home Sunday and has been placed on a specific diet to help his sugar and High Blood Pressure. So we have to change things here around this house and I have been consumed with that this week. Lonnie is feeling so much better and we are blessed that we didn't lose him! So please forgive me for not getting the results on as quick as I usually do.

Silver Dollar Showdown #8 Results

We would like to thank everyone for coming out to the event this past Sunday! It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY ! Certainly hope that you had fun! We will be posting the complete results and photos of the event over the next week, so stay tuned.

Car Show winners

Best of Show: Jason Brooks

Best Interior& Paint: Mike Harris

Best Engine: Dave McCutcheon

Promoters Choice: Deborah Scott

Super Pro Winner: Eric Michener

Pro Winner: Mel Shealy

Vintage Street Challenge Winner: Gil Comeau

More info to come on the website this week with photos! So stay tuned!
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  petevw Wed 11 Mar 2009, 8:23 pm

Good to hear the weekend was a good one. Pissed i missed it.

Fifty - Five: Relax! Your responsible for your reserve tap issue. You knew it was a problem, so should have been on top of it. Don't let this keep you away from this event next year. You mentioned a SEVEN hour drive? Ohh My! Laughing

BTW i've been down 3 times. Twice towing a car. 18HRS! lol!
Had an issue with laying down the TOP HP with my fan belt in '06, and was squeezed out by a couple dudes running NO FANBELT....... Evil or Very Mad and it was stated everyone was to run a belt at the dyno event for award considerations. Did i peak? No. I was happy to be there. Not many knew of the screwup.

Even got a pic of the car on the rollers in Hot VW's! BUT....... in the caption Kevin (Smiff), got the mention for my car. Was a great day for him, as he's really a superbeetle lover deep inside! Razz

later,
Pete

petevw

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 11 Mar 2009, 8:48 pm

I agree with you Mike ! First off I was there.... The lil dude dressed as a rapper ("track official ") didn't have a clue what to do when Mike's car wouldn't start, he had the cars three deep like the place was covered up and had to get them all ran by dark !. Bum could have handled it much better if he had been around ! (where was he any way???) But when he did come up he had rather hear himself Preach about how you need to do this and that rather than address the issue at hand. Mike supports the SEVWA.. Bum and Kathy need to think about keeping Silver Dollar Showdown #8 March 8 in GA - Page 2 789505 the supporters around instead of running them off...

As of right now don't plan to be back there either ( hope that changes ) the money I spent just to get in the place would buy a good meal hanging out with friends.

The "wind" blowing the tower door closed was well worth the 30 bucks to get in this year though ! popcorn1
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Wed 11 Mar 2009, 9:09 pm

Well
Keith has told me that he was walking up the steps to the tower when he saw Mike come out and the door slam shut. Keith didn't have a clue as to what had just happened, he had just stepped away from the track to attend to something in the show car area. We can't be everywhere at the same time.
As for Keith PREACHING, I heard him talk to Mike later on and he was just explaining that things happen and sometimes you can't control it. Mentioned several others in years past that had got timed out for one reason or another.
Also, I did see Mike coming up the staging lanes and then on to pit road at a higher rate of speed that he shouldn't have been doing. What if a little one would have wandered away and right in front of him coming around the corner????? I AM NOT PREACHING, but you all know what I do when I see stuff like that other events! I understand he was upset, but what if something would have happened to someone as he was coming around the corner of the staging lanes to the pit area???? The Track happenings would have been the least of his worries!

Like every other event we all go to, we are there for the friendships we make with each other and have a good time! Am I correct? I know some do not like the gate fee, but in order to do events at tracks (not just our events) there has to be a fee at the gate to pay the bills.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Wed 11 Mar 2009, 9:16 pm

southeastvw wrote:Well
and the door slam shut.
it musta been the wind from the way mike's 1600 left the staging lanes... Twisted Evil
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  southeastvw Wed 11 Mar 2009, 9:55 pm

Thanks for the talk Charles. I will let Keith know what we talked about.

Once again, I am sorry this happened and I hope that we can prevent things like this from happening in the future.
southeastvw
southeastvw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next