BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--B I G M O T O R--

+3
mrclean
VOLKSWAGENUT
Mohawk
7 posters

Go down

--B I G  M O T O R-- Empty --B I G M O T O R--

Post  Mohawk Sat 20 Dec 2008, 7:31 pm

Now have Overspray made me so sad Sleep He tease me over my baby motor. Because of that have I decide to build a new B I G one so he will keep his moth shut.

Yesterday i bought a new AS41 case prepped and ready for 94mm cylinders and 86mm crank. I also got CB 86mm crank, CB 5,5 H-profile rods, K.E.P. Stage 3 clutch disc, CB. Wide Glide oil sump 2QT,
CB. chrome moly push rods. Al this stuff was brand new and i bought it for 1000$. The guy started to build the engine but didn't have time to bring it to an end.

Now I have some questions. What piston and cylinders should I use? I heard that you need special pistons if you use 86mm crank?
I need to order some more new stuff to this motor.
Is there someone that I can send the parts to that bring them to the Dyno day or if I can pick them up. I will make a list later with parts I need. Maybe someone have some parts that you don't need anymore.
Mohawk
Mohawk

http://mohawk-vw.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

--B I G  M O T O R-- Empty Re: --B I G M O T O R--

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Sat 20 Dec 2008, 9:23 pm

Sounds cool . Very Happy
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Sun 21 Dec 2008, 12:26 am

you can send all your parts to me and i'll build it for you. Very Happy
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanbug Sun 21 Dec 2008, 1:12 am

Don't forget Lindy Herrell for parts and will be at Dyno Day.

That's what I like about the relaxed motor size rule.
All sizes & a turbo.
Not everone with the same stuff. sign
Tanbug
Tanbug
Hip to the hop you dont stop

http://tanbugwerks.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk Sun 21 Dec 2008, 8:09 am

mrclean wrote:you can send all your parts to me and i'll build it for you. Very Happy

No way I let you build it! I want a guy that know how to do it and that must be my self :king:
If you had a engine that made over 200hp with that volume you have in yours, then maybe would I be thinking about it Wink

I think it would be to expensive to ship it from Florida to Sweden. Then I have to pay customs duty on top of that affraid
Mohawk
Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Sun 21 Dec 2008, 10:41 am

Mohawk wrote:
mrclean wrote:you can send all your parts to me and i'll build it for you. Very Happy

No way I let you build it! I want a guy that know how to do it and that must be my self :king:
If you had a engine that made over 200hp with that volume you have in yours, then maybe would I be thinking about it Wink

I think it would be to expensive to ship it from Florida to Sweden. Then I have to pay customs duty on top of that affraid

like i don't know what i'm going. your the one with some puss power 1835.
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Sun 21 Dec 2008, 11:03 am

Tanbug wrote:Don't forget Lindy Herrell for parts and will be at Dyno Day.

That's what I like about the relaxed motor size rule.
All sizes & a turbo.
Not everone with the same stuff. sign

Hummm... Funny.. that's the one rule I hated to see go..

Damn Hawk you have Bill so upset he can't type...He's tender go easy on him. Twisted Evil Glad to see you building real power... and what a deal also ! I would use pro flow for parts.... I know I would for the head work.. Remember i took home the $$ last year because of Pro Flow ! Cool
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  massIVe 79 vert Sun 21 Dec 2008, 12:56 pm

Oh please....all you boys have baby motors Sleep

Merry Christmas BK cheers
massIVe 79 vert
massIVe 79 vert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk Sun 21 Dec 2008, 1:44 pm

mrclean wrote:
Mohawk wrote:

Puss power or not I got 150hp from my puss 1835. How many did you got from your 2332 with race gas? I would start --B I G  M O T O R-- 109954 if I not got at least 210hp with that combination.

One thing I have bin thinking about. Why most of you guys use so big valve? Can someone explain that to me?
Mohawk
Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Power House Sun 21 Dec 2008, 2:32 pm

Mohawk,
I have lots of good used T1 parts from my test engines and most of them don't have a lot of time on them. I'd be willing to get these together along with some new parts for you and bring them to dyno day.

How much power do you want to make??
Mountain Power House
Mountain Power House

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk Sun 21 Dec 2008, 3:34 pm

Mountain Power House wrote:Mohawk,
I have lots of good used T1 parts from my test engines and most of them don't have a lot of time on them. I'd be willing to get these together along with some new parts for you and bring them to Dyno day.

How much power do you want to make??

That sounds good!
Power is not the most important part. The big difference is that I drive everyday with my car in the summer time. Next summer will I also have a caravan after it. Tummeliten I will build a reliable but anyway will I have as much power as I can get out of it.

The 86mm crank that I got will I not use. I'm looking for a 82 or 84mm instead. If I could choose would I bet a 78mm crank and 5.5 rods with Chevy journals. 1.4 rockers are also high up on the list.
Mohawk
Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post  mrclean Sun 21 Dec 2008, 5:21 pm

Mohawk wrote:
mrclean wrote:
Mohawk wrote:

150 at the wheels with a 1835 and no power adders. i don't think so.

Puss power or not I got 150hp from my puss 1835. How many did you got from your 2332 with race gas? I would start --B I G  M O T O R-- 109954 if I not got at least 210hp with that combination.

One thing I have bin thinking about. Why most of you guys use so big valve? Can someone explain that to me?
mrclean
mrclean
2nd highest HP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk Sun 21 Dec 2008, 7:07 pm

Sounds like you are jealous tongue

Sorry it's not 150 it was or is only 149.8. I hade 110.15kW on the dyno
Here in Sweden most guys just run on 98 octane. You can believe it or not but my best et is 8,77 on 1/8 of a mile. I did that in the semifinal at BugRun 98. I have not bin running it on the race track in nearly 10 years so I don't think I would run that fast at once again without some practice.

Check out the timecard at How it started
On one of the pictures can you see when I racing against Ron Lummus, but you have to look carefully to see it. He was over in Sweden and was driving CSP:s car. That was the first race that day and I was more looking at him then I was on racing
Wink Sorry that it's in Swedish on that first site but that was before I learned that some guys from "over there" was looking on my site sometimes.

Here is some pictures of the buggy and the later race car we had. Race car
Mohawk
Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post  overspray Sun 21 Dec 2008, 8:31 pm

massIVe 79 vert wrote:Oh please....all you boys have baby motors Sleep

Merry Christmas BK cheers

Hey Beth... Merry christmas to you two also... Thought you had forgot how to smacktalk !... This place has been dead last couple weeks... Mohawk I don't have deep pockets or else i would have more power... I'm all about seeing HP.. so make all you can...would love to see the Numbers.

I just want to make enough HP to beat Smiff and Mexican dude again... --B I G  M O T O R-- 235672
overspray
overspray
Papa bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Mohawk Sun 21 Dec 2008, 9:03 pm

I like the smacktalk. It has bin to little of that the last time bounce
It's always money that is the big question. I wish I had a lot of money to. If I had, would I buy Mrcleans and paint it blue just for fun --B I G  M O T O R-- 442607
Mohawk
Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum