BKCruizers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bugdust...

+14
Tanbug
yellow73
Cave Man
peacebug
sploval53
WALKER
POKER
VOLKSWAGENUT
overspray
Mohawk
mrclean
Thang
Fifty - Five
bugdust
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

bugdust... - Page 4 Empty Re: bugdust...

Post  VOLKSWAGENUT Wed 12 Aug 2009, 9:06 am

bugdust wrote: I'm sure it will end up on the abortions thread on thesamba

Laughing 100% sure it will....... I dont mind seeing people build customs as long as they finish them. I have seen so many people start something cut up some good parts and a car and never finish it, then it goes from back yard to back yard for 10 years before somebody scraps it.....
VOLKSWAGENUT
VOLKSWAGENUT
I ruined the club

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Wed 12 Aug 2009, 8:35 pm

overspray wrote:Tender are we ???

Nope. It's just not a typical BKC (Resto-Cal-Look) style car so I wan't sure if I should even post it here. I figured car guys are car guys and would appreciate watching an amateur build a full-custom car...just for laughs if nothing else. Laughing I'm not a bodywork person so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I'll keep the thread updated on volksrods.com if anyone is interested. I also have it on M.E.A.T. and cultwagen but the main thread is on volksrods.

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Thu 22 Oct 2009, 8:41 pm

I got bored today so I started building an 8" beam extension. It has 1-1/2" of drop and 6° of caster built in.
bugdust... - Page 4 001-18
bugdust... - Page 4 005-16
bugdust... - Page 4 004-16

I'll weld it out tomorrow with my Lincoln 255c. I guess I should take down the ad trying to sell it.

bugdust

Back to top Go down

bugdust... - Page 4 Empty beam

Post  Noh2o Thu 22 Oct 2009, 9:56 pm

Nice work, can't wait to see it on a car. keep us posted.

btw , not sure if you have figured the top mechanism out or canvas. but there is a company somewhere on the east coast making an insert out of plastic with canvas top. I can't remember the name. when I find it in hotvws i will post it up.

edit::ok, my memory sucks, its not in hotvw's but the company name is "street beat customs" http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com. I think they are no longer have those type of ragtops but are still in business. however they have many of these out there. the following is a picture i pulled off the web somewhere. this guy hated it and was trying to get rid of it because the back glass was bad in it.

http://superbeetle.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=522797[img][/img][url][/url]

Noh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  bugdust Wed 30 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm

Thanks. I think I have it figured out using all original parts. I'm going to TIG together some longer siderails and run them through a roller bender to form them to the correct shape. I'm toying with the idea of shortening the last "fold" so the canvas doesn't hang down so far. It looks like it will be a 4 or 5 fold when it is done. I originally wanted to use an aftermarket electric ragtop but after talking to a couple of suppliers I decided to just go manual since there isn't anything available to meet my needs. If I have to go manual, I may as well use OG ragtop parts. I have mocked up both ragtop clips and I have the metal pretty close. We'll see. I'm working on the 64 a little right now and I picked up a 69 Westy that needs a lot of love.

bugdust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum